Happy Friday Lovelies!!
Today’s DIY Friday I made with my best friend’s twin boys whom I’m
baby(big boy)sitting today. 😉
My Bestie really wanted some bird feeders for her yard, and she told me about this pic she had on her Pinterest board.
Another Pinterest project!! Hehe my favorite kind of project 🙂
So while they were away I figured to do this for her with the boys; it would be a fun thing to do with them.
We each got our own can (labels already removed and cleaned out) and carefully started painting.
Once we covered our cans in paint we had to wait for it to dry. So we placed them in the sun though they weren’t too happy about it but understood and they were excited to go to the park while we waited.
These are the semi-finished products before the bird seeds go in.
Don’t these look great?!? These munchkins did a wonderful job!
Well, enjoy the rest of your Friday Lovelies!! Hope you enjoyed our little project 🙂
About a week ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award, and want to give a big thank you to Effervescent Hedgepig for thinking of me! She’s got a good blog and wicked cute Etsy Shop, check her out if you get a chance! I’m still fairly new to the blog world and didn’t know too much of what this award was all about, so thank you Effervescent Hedgepig for explaining it as well for me in your post.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions.
- What inspired you to start blogging? I noticed myself following, reading and even obsessing over a lot more blogs in the past few months and thought if they can do it and even make it there job from the comfort of their own home, that I can too. I love almost everything and thought I could share my creativity.
- Finish the sentence: “Keep Calm and…” …Stay Gorgeous; …Craft On; …Pin On; …Love; …Eat Cupcakes; …Anda Sempre Em Frente (literal translation: Always Walk Forward – but can mean keep moving forward, keep on going etc…) There are so many great ones that I love its hard to just pick one!
- Is there a story behind your blog name? Well there isn’t too much of a story, just that my nickname is Mia and Jewels by Mia is what I wanted to call my Etsy shop because I love making jewelry. I had stopped for a long time as life gets in the way but thought that by having a blog too on how to teach others simple projects that it would keep me motivated and hold me accountable to do more and re-introduce it to my life.
- What color is most prominent in your wardrobe? Yikes! I thought it would be Black, but its also Orange and Turquoise too. I’ve been really in love with Orange tones and Turquoise has always been one of my favorite colors.
- Do you prefer chalkboards or dry-erase boards? Haha can I say both?!?! Maybe Chalkboard a lil’ bit more than dry-erase but only a bit.
- What advice would you give your younger self? That’s a hard question! The first thing that comes to mind is to – Stay true to yourself, don’t let others influence you or get you down about yourself, and don’t be afraid or nervous to follow your dreams, do what makes you happy.
- What makes you smile? My Husband’s silly dancing and stories, & both my Besties bantering!
- What is your favorite blog? I have a lot of favs but I’m currently obsessing over AngelaLanter‘s site.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs…..I’m allergic to cats.
- If you had to summarize your blog in one sentence, what would you say? Ummm lets see…… A place where you can explore for creativity, whether its in Fashion, Crafts, or Beauty and create a little JEWEL of your own.
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Are you a Home-body or Social Butterfly?
- What is currently your favorite song?
- TV or Books and name your current favorite?
- What plans do you have for your blog in the near future?
- Celebrity Crush?
- Finish this sentence: “Keep Calm and….”
- Beach or Pool?
- What is your favorite blog?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
Now I nominate the following awesome blogs: tcynth&mel; FashionPoetry by Val; heyitscarlyrae; courteneynoonan; luxelookbook; Storyshucker; Meika&Me; SingleMomTalk; thoughtsandthings1; and Wonderland Beauty
I’ve enjoyed reading your blogs and would love to learn more about all of you!! 🙂 I apologize if you’ve already been nominated!
My husband likes to unwind from a hectic workday with Video Games…….which I have no problem with except for the fact that he has every gaming system under the sun and a bazillion controllers. What to do with all this clutter?!?!?! I feel like I need to tackle the clutter in my house little by little and this is a great area to start as its where we spend the most of our day.
I saw something on one of my favorite blogger‘s page that gave me a little inspiration to clear some of the clutter on my living room side table (this is where all the remotes and controllers end up). To be honest, I’m not always an organized person but I really
try to be have a hard time committing to it. I’m horrible with sticking to routine (it bores me doing the same thing day in and day out (I like to just go with it, but there are certain things like this that the mantra doesn’t apply to)). There also isn’t enough time in the day, doesn’t that always seem to be the case?!?! Here I go rambling on again……. soooooo THIS is the post that has gotten me inspired to get a handle on my mini cluttered table.
Isn’t it cute and classy chic??!! She is awesome! I bought the acrylic desktop organizer and leg hardware on Amazon. I contemplated keeping the color as is but I have been on a GOLD kick lately and spray painted mine in a different gold tone than on here…….and voila!!
He has quite a few controllers so not all of them will fit in here but they have their own charging docks which are also on the side table.
We’ll see if this works out for us……but if not I can already think of a few other spots this would look great in 😉
Are you having a similar problem??? Here are a few other inspirational ideas from Pinterest (of course)!!
Let me know of your clutter organization challenges………… any tips/ideas for me??
Today’s Beauty Tuesday is about NAILS….. Coral and Gold to be exact. Definitely my favorite color combo this summer!! Here are some of my favorites from Pinterest!
I love the lil’ touches of Mint/Aqua on some of these!!
These “Stiletto Nails” seems to be the NEW nail fashion this season, though personally not my favorite….I did add a few looks on here for you lovelies!
What are your nail favorites this summer????
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!!
I’ve decided to try and do a weekly/monthly fashion post and call it Fashion Monday’s. I’d like to make this a weekly post but being realistic here I’ll start with at least monthly; if I can, I’ll do more. Here is the first of hopefully many Fashion Monday’s post.
I’ve been falling in love with bare shoulder dresses and shirts this summer and I found this site through another blogger that I follow. She’s got all sorts of great fashion and makeup tips and ideas, and she’s the wifey to the gorgeous actor Matt Lanter (they are such a cute freakin’ couple)…………….ANYWAYS……….. I saw her wear this dress and fell in love with it.
SO of course I had to go buy it!! And a few other cute ones I saw. Can’t wait for these to come knockin’ at my door!!!!
These are very IN right now!! Hehe see what I did there?! 🙂
They have great deals on this site SheIN,so lets hope these are of good quality.
I’ll keep you guys posted when I finally get to try these lovelies on, though I’ve heard/read sites like these can be complicated with size measurements (when placing my orders I found it very confusing. each dress had measurements way off from others even of the same style, you may be a medium in one dress but an extra large in another….lets hope I got it right)………… and deals like these could be due to materials that may not be as good of a quality as some department stores. But I won’t recommend any that I find aren’t of excellent quality or a good steal/deal, for you lovelies!! We’ll see how this experience turns out………….
Have any of you shopped from SheIn or others like it (ASOS, UStrendy, etc.)???