About a week ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award, and want to give a big thank you to Effervescent Hedgepig for thinking of me! She’s got a good blog and wicked cute Etsy Shop, check her out if you get a chance! I’m still fairly new to the blog world and didn’t know too much of what this award was all about, so thank you Effervescent Hedgepig for explaining it as well for me in your post.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions.
- What inspired you to start blogging? I noticed myself following, reading and even obsessing over a lot more blogs in the past few months and thought if they can do it and even make it there job from the comfort of their own home, that I can too. I love almost everything and thought I could share my creativity.
- Finish the sentence: “Keep Calm and…” …Stay Gorgeous; …Craft On; …Pin On; …Love; …Eat Cupcakes; …Anda Sempre Em Frente (literal translation: Always Walk Forward – but can mean keep moving forward, keep on going etc…) There are so many great ones that I love its hard to just pick one!
- Is there a story behind your blog name? Well there isn’t too much of a story, just that my nickname is Mia and Jewels by Mia is what I wanted to call my Etsy shop because I love making jewelry. I had stopped for a long time as life gets in the way but thought that by having a blog too on how to teach others simple projects that it would keep me motivated and hold me accountable to do more and re-introduce it to my life.
- What color is most prominent in your wardrobe? Yikes! I thought it would be Black, but its also Orange and Turquoise too. I’ve been really in love with Orange tones and Turquoise has always been one of my favorite colors.
- Do you prefer chalkboards or dry-erase boards? Haha can I say both?!?! Maybe Chalkboard a lil’ bit more than dry-erase but only a bit.
- What advice would you give your younger self? That’s a hard question! The first thing that comes to mind is to – Stay true to yourself, don’t let others influence you or get you down about yourself, and don’t be afraid or nervous to follow your dreams, do what makes you happy.
- What makes you smile? My Husband’s silly dancing and stories, & both my Besties bantering!
- What is your favorite blog? I have a lot of favs but I’m currently obsessing over AngelaLanter‘s site.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs…..I’m allergic to cats.
- If you had to summarize your blog in one sentence, what would you say? Ummm lets see…… A place where you can explore for creativity, whether its in Fashion, Crafts, or Beauty and create a little JEWEL of your own.
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Are you a Home-body or Social Butterfly?
- What is currently your favorite song?
- TV or Books and name your current favorite?
- What plans do you have for your blog in the near future?
- Celebrity Crush?
- Finish this sentence: “Keep Calm and….”
- Beach or Pool?
- What is your favorite blog?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
Now I nominate the following awesome blogs: tcynth&mel; FashionPoetry by Val; heyitscarlyrae; courteneynoonan; luxelookbook; Storyshucker; Meika&Me; SingleMomTalk; thoughtsandthings1; and Wonderland Beauty
I’ve enjoyed reading your blogs and would love to learn more about all of you!! 🙂 I apologize if you’ve already been nominated!