I’m a bit late in posting about my nomination, things have been absolutely crazy at my full time job. Thank you to the always wonderful Effervescent Hedgepig for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!! Her blog as well as her Etsy Shop is absolutely fabulous and fun to read, do check her out if you haven’t already!
So from what I understand this award is similar to the Liebster Award, as it is passed along to blogs that deserve a chance to be in the blogosphere spotlight. Each new recipient is asked to give a few facts about themselves for their audience to get to know them a little better.
Here are the RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you – Check!
- List the rules and display the award – Check!
- List 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and send them a comment to let then know you’ve nominated them – though to follow in the footsteps of my Nominator, Effervescent Hedgepig, I’ll present an abbreviated list of nominees since 15 is a bit much.
Here goes nothing…….. Facts about this Chica!
- I prefer candy over chocolate (most of the time, when I’m in the mood for chocolate its almost always Dark Chocolate, and occasionally White Chocolate!!)
- I’m always indecisive about every decision in life (its the gemini in me….but I’m working hard on myself to change that)
- I’m multilingual: I speak Portuguese, English and Spanish. I’m fluent in reading and writing in all 3 as well, though my spanish is getting a little rusty as I don’t speak or write it often.
- I’m Portuguese American, born in Massachusetts – first generation American, from parents who both were born in the Azores. I’m very proud of my culture and I try to have it continue to be a part of my life and hopefully pass it along to my future children.
- I have a doggy, her name is Layla, she’s a black lab and pitbull mix. I think there is more than that in her but those are her most predominate features.
- I love popsicles when I’m sick. It seems its the only thing to help a sore throat or when I have the stomach bug.
- I owned my home (well I should say bought, since you don’t own it until your mortgage loan is paid off) at the age of 22, not many people can say that nowadays! 🙂
And my nominees are: (In the voice of the Morgan Freeman) 😛
Check them out if you get a chance, they deserve it!
Rules #3 & #4 – Check & Check! 😉
About a week ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award, and want to give a big thank you to Effervescent Hedgepig for thinking of me! She’s got a good blog and wicked cute Etsy Shop, check her out if you get a chance! I’m still fairly new to the blog world and didn’t know too much of what this award was all about, so thank you Effervescent Hedgepig for explaining it as well for me in your post.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions.
- What inspired you to start blogging? I noticed myself following, reading and even obsessing over a lot more blogs in the past few months and thought if they can do it and even make it there job from the comfort of their own home, that I can too. I love almost everything and thought I could share my creativity.
- Finish the sentence: “Keep Calm and…” …Stay Gorgeous; …Craft On; …Pin On; …Love; …Eat Cupcakes; …Anda Sempre Em Frente (literal translation: Always Walk Forward – but can mean keep moving forward, keep on going etc…) There are so many great ones that I love its hard to just pick one!
- Is there a story behind your blog name? Well there isn’t too much of a story, just that my nickname is Mia and Jewels by Mia is what I wanted to call my Etsy shop because I love making jewelry. I had stopped for a long time as life gets in the way but thought that by having a blog too on how to teach others simple projects that it would keep me motivated and hold me accountable to do more and re-introduce it to my life.
- What color is most prominent in your wardrobe? Yikes! I thought it would be Black, but its also Orange and Turquoise too. I’ve been really in love with Orange tones and Turquoise has always been one of my favorite colors.
- Do you prefer chalkboards or dry-erase boards? Haha can I say both?!?! Maybe Chalkboard a lil’ bit more than dry-erase but only a bit.
- What advice would you give your younger self? That’s a hard question! The first thing that comes to mind is to – Stay true to yourself, don’t let others influence you or get you down about yourself, and don’t be afraid or nervous to follow your dreams, do what makes you happy.
- What makes you smile? My Husband’s silly dancing and stories, & both my Besties bantering!
- What is your favorite blog? I have a lot of favs but I’m currently obsessing over AngelaLanter‘s site.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs…..I’m allergic to cats.
- If you had to summarize your blog in one sentence, what would you say? Ummm lets see…… A place where you can explore for creativity, whether its in Fashion, Crafts, or Beauty and create a little JEWEL of your own.
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Are you a Home-body or Social Butterfly?
- What is currently your favorite song?
- TV or Books and name your current favorite?
- What plans do you have for your blog in the near future?
- Celebrity Crush?
- Finish this sentence: “Keep Calm and….”
- Beach or Pool?
- What is your favorite blog?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
Now I nominate the following awesome blogs: tcynth&mel; FashionPoetry by Val; heyitscarlyrae; courteneynoonan; luxelookbook; Storyshucker; Meika&Me; SingleMomTalk; thoughtsandthings1; and Wonderland Beauty
I’ve enjoyed reading your blogs and would love to learn more about all of you!! 🙂 I apologize if you’ve already been nominated!