Hope you all are as excited as I am about my Mini Makeover Laundry Room Reveal……I’m ecstatic about sharing with you all in my chaos of this project that I had mentioned on Saturday’s – Sneak Peak post!!! YAAAAAYYYYY! Though it was only a mini makeover, I hope someday soon to finish my plans and ideas for the space in the very near future, but all good things take time.
I have been dying to get some sense of organization in this space and it would drive me nuts that I had to have everything on top of the dryer (in reach) because the shelves in here were simply too high for lil’ me. They may have worked for the previous owner of the home but not so much for me. Though I know I’ll need to make good use of this space even if I can’t reach things without a little help but at least for the laundry detergents and items I use often, I can have the space to make those within my reach.
READY?????………………..trumpets & drum roll please……………………………………………………….
…………………………………… TA DA!!!!
Target & the Container Store (my 2 fav places to shop/get inspired). Here are some links to where you can find these things.
Elfa Easy Hang (white components) \\ Elfa Decor White Shelf and Drawer w/ frame \\ Devine Color by Valspar – Petal (Paint) \\ Devine Color Silver Dust \\ Drydex Spackle Kit \\ Baskets were already on hand and bought from the Christmas Tree Shop, I believe.
A better look at the sparkly paint! It’s very subtle but lovely to look at. You can see it right where the flash hit it.
I’ve only purchased bits and pieces of the shelves that I need for this space, and will be adding more as I go along the next few months. Here are a few inspirational ideas that I’m hoping to add to this little room/closet.
How do you all like it? Any other organizational ideas you love and could share for your laundry rooms??
Hi Lovelies!! 🙂
I know its been a long while since I’ve done any posting (SHOCKER!! But I’m seriously working on getting better….. I SWEAR!!). My full time job is always
hectic INSANE this time of year, with barely any time for my husband let alone the blog-iverse (blog universe) and myself for that matter. So how can I make it up to you all?!?!? Why, with a mini-renovation with before & after pictures, of course!!! 🙂
Here is a quick look at this project for my segment, Sneak Peak Saturdays, this month. For those of you new to my blog, I try (keyword “TRY”) to post glimpses of a project (usually a large/major project or DIY) once a month in this segment I like to call SNEAK PEAK SATURDAYS……catchy huh?!?! Then later that week I’d post about the full reveal of said project.
So here goes……this months Sneak Peak!
This line of products can be found only at Target! I fell in love with their color choices and I thought I’d add a little
bling glitter to the paint of course! It’s very subtle and you can only see it when the light hits it at certain angles. So since I’ll be the one looking at this space everyday then I figured go bold and glittery 😋
My laundry room is actually a laundry closet inside my half bathroom. So painting this small space will be easy but spackling has become the challenge.
Stay tuned for the reveal……
I’m a bit late in posting about my nomination, things have been absolutely crazy at my full time job. Thank you to the always wonderful Effervescent Hedgepig for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!! Her blog as well as her Etsy Shop is absolutely fabulous and fun to read, do check her out if you haven’t already!
So from what I understand this award is similar to the Liebster Award, as it is passed along to blogs that deserve a chance to be in the blogosphere spotlight. Each new recipient is asked to give a few facts about themselves for their audience to get to know them a little better.
Here are the RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you – Check!
- List the rules and display the award – Check!
- List 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and send them a comment to let then know you’ve nominated them – though to follow in the footsteps of my Nominator, Effervescent Hedgepig, I’ll present an abbreviated list of nominees since 15 is a bit much.
Here goes nothing…….. Facts about this Chica!
- I prefer candy over chocolate (most of the time, when I’m in the mood for chocolate its almost always Dark Chocolate, and occasionally White Chocolate!!)
- I’m always indecisive about every decision in life (its the gemini in me….but I’m working hard on myself to change that)
- I’m multilingual: I speak Portuguese, English and Spanish. I’m fluent in reading and writing in all 3 as well, though my spanish is getting a little rusty as I don’t speak or write it often.
- I’m Portuguese American, born in Massachusetts – first generation American, from parents who both were born in the Azores. I’m very proud of my culture and I try to have it continue to be a part of my life and hopefully pass it along to my future children.
- I have a doggy, her name is Layla, she’s a black lab and pitbull mix. I think there is more than that in her but those are her most predominate features.
- I love popsicles when I’m sick. It seems its the only thing to help a sore throat or when I have the stomach bug.
- I owned my home (well I should say bought, since you don’t own it until your mortgage loan is paid off) at the age of 22, not many people can say that nowadays! 🙂
And my nominees are: (In the voice of the Morgan Freeman) 😛
Check them out if you get a chance, they deserve it!
Rules #3 & #4 – Check & Check! 😉
After my wedding a little over a year ago, not many people had taken home these lovely centerpieces…………
they were all paid for through the florist and not rented or borrowed from our venue. We have been keeping them in our Office/Craft room ever since then. SOOOOO what to do with all these vases?!?!?! I (of course) searched Pinterest for ideas and inspiration, and felt a bit overwhelmed not knowing where in the house I could put it and find a home for, but I realized I didn’t need to make them all the same or use them all at once. I could make them seasonal or even get more creative and give them away as gifts. So here I go starting with one at a time……… today for DIY Friday we are doing a beach theme vase. Sand Dollar & Burlap!
As you can see I have 3 different sizes and plenty of each of them, so for this one I just chose the medium size.
I wrapped a wider burlap ribbon tightly around the vase and cut it accordingly leaving a little overlap to glue the seam; that way your not gluing all over the vase. I used E6000 industrial craft glue. This takes a bit to dry but will dry clear, and I had tied some twine a could times around it to hold the seam closed while it dried.
Then I just simply fed the twine through the sand dollar and carefully tied it into a bow!
And Voila!! The first of many more soon to come!
Knuckle Rings to be exact!! Hehe……. see what I did there?!?! I hope to have caught your attention! 🙂
Check out these favs of mine from Pinterest!!!